Mapping housenumbers - keypadmapper2

Hi,
some of you might already know KeypadMapper2 for mapping housenumbers in a very efficient way.

I’ve nearly completely rewritten, redesigned and extended this app. The code is now cleaner, the file names are more consistent and self-explaining (same name for .osm and .gpx, human-readable date and time) and compatible to Android 4. It’s now possible to use special characters and map the complete set of address tags.

Usage:
(Optional) set your preferences in the preference dialog. Access it via menu or the Action Overflow (3 dots in the upper right corner).
Run the app and wait until you see “Ready, accuracy…” in the upper left corner.
If you want to add additional address details use the address editor. Select it in the Action Bar (or via menu for the legacy version). You can also edit the housenumber itself, especially when there are strange characters in it. You can switch between the keypad and the address editor as often as you want.
Type the house number with the buttons.
If a house is on your left, hit L when you are traveling perpendicular to the direction of the house. Similarly hit R if the house is on your right. If the house is straight ahead, hit F just before turning (to stay on the road).
Stop recording by pressing the square stop symbol. (or using menu → stop for the legacy version)
On your SD card look for gpx and osm files in the folder “keypadmapper”. Open them with Josm or Potlatch. Download existing data from the server. Review and upload.

See the wiki for more details.

It’s not yet availabe via Google Play - this would cost me 25$ which I didn’t want to pay up to now.

As the Android framework has been extended quite a lot in version 3.0 and later there are two versions.
My primary development platform is Android 4, so the standard version will be optimized for Android 3.0 and later (Honeycomb, IceCreamSandwich, JellyBean).
I’ve ported this app back to Android 1.6-2.3 for all those of you who have an old phone which doesn’t (yet) run Android 4 - that’s the legacy version. At the moment it has the same functions, but a slightly different interface.

Download:
Android 3.0+ Android 1.6-2.3

Screenshots:

Wow it looks a lot better now :slight_smile: But i already found a few Bugs in it…

• I don’t have the Action Overflow on the upper right corner i have to open the menu over a Hardware key on my Xperia Ray (Runing Android 4.0.4)
  • The App creates a new File everytime i use the back button and go back into the App.
  • If you use the back button, all entrys in the Adress Editor will be deleted
  • You still miss a Icon for the App :smiley:

The Problem with the “null” is gone now, still dont know what it was :confused:

What i still miss is a Map View and the Possibility to Start and Stop the Recording of my Own so that i puts everything in one file and dosen’t make a new one everytime i Press the Back button.

Oh and a Editor for the Entries that a already saved would be nice, it sometimes happens to me that i’m to fast and enter the wrong number or forget something. That’s everytime a mess when i edit the files in josm.

Pressing the back button leaves all apps. I don’t catch this yet. So don’t press back unless you want to exit.

The Action Overflow handling is done by the Android framework, I can’t influence this afaik. When the device has hardware buttons, the overflow isn’t displayed. This should be the same for all the other apps using the native action bar like the Google apps.

This App works well on the Samsung Tablet 7.

I would like an option (preference setting) to set the keypad blocks to twice as high for larger screens (and larger finger users)
Just make the lines starting (L, 1, 4, 7, CLR, and “,” ) be twice as high so more square shaped blocks.