Worldwide routable Garmin maps: URL REMOVED

No. It’s not just the file name; the tile id is also embedded in the file.

Ok, so no renaming of tile id’s.

How about the typ files? These have now the family id, should the typ file name be updated for each country?

Yes. Why: when combining more than one map in a single gmapsupp.img file you can’t have two different files with the same name inside (a typ file is incorporated in an img file).

-For the typ file name you can use %FID%.typ
-you copy the “master” typfile.txt to %FID%.txt
-mkgmap will automatically convert this FID.txt to FID.typ with the right family ID (dont have to adapt the txt typ file first).

Example (dos batch):

set FID=10143
set typfile=%DIR%\resources\%FID%.txt
copy %DIR%\resources\10140.txt %typfile%
set argsfile=mkgmap.args g:\Maps\%FID%*.img 
java -Xmx8000m -jar %MKGMAP% --family-id=%FID% -c %argsfile% %typfile% 

First attempt, be nice :sunglasses:

How does this look?
http://osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/generic/25-03-2014/f60af8b8fd9782fc7f68562e1a471166

/me should be in bed hours ago…

I’m afraid something went wrong there Lambertus.
The FID does not match with the index files.
I suppose you used 23108 for FID, but in the gmapsupp.img I read FID 39328?

In the nsi files the French and Spanish accents are messed up. Something wrong with the codepage I guess.

Yes, 23108 is the combination of family base id 23 (generic map) and country code 108 (Burundi). I’ll check the gmapsupp.img FID generation tonight, hopefully.

Basecamp doesn’t seem to like the Windows installer either…

yes, same Family ID 39328 is in the Mapsource index files. Dont know how it got there :wink:
Maybe you’ve you used a FID in you mkgmap args list as well as in the --family-id java command?

Another thing what we must watch for is the family name, which is now OSM generic routable(Burundi_25-03-2014).
This version is installed at “C:\Garmin\Maps\OSM generic routable(Burundi_25-03-2014)”
The next version has the same ID but it will be installed in a different folder, eg C:\Garmin\Maps\OSM generic routable(Burundi_09-04-2014).
I’m not sure the uninstaller will find and uninstall the previous version because it has another Family name (but same FID).
Of course we can adapt the uninstaller but I think it is better always use the same family name for a mapset:
-The family name should get OSM generic routable(Burundi) without date.
-Other parameters like series name and description will get OSM generic routable(Burundi_25-03-2014)

In your combine.php you use “description” string for all those parameters, maybe add a different one for “family name” (without $version)

In a next update the installer will remove the previous version, like it has done before.
It is also possible to integrate the uninstaller with the installer, now you get two popup windows which is confusing.
I think I can fix this (see your e-mail and the mkgmap list).

Good points, all of them. Thanks, ligfietser.

I see you’re looking over my shoulder :slight_smile: If you want to see the latest development: /data/garmin/scripts/test/

But, perhaps you already found it?

Yeah I already checked it out, not saying that I understand it all :wink:
BTW noticed some typos in the US state list, check Florida, Illinois, North Carolina

Heh, it was late and I was tired. Not a good combo I guess :confused:

Re the problem with the family-id. This is the commandline:

java -Xmx6144M -jar mkgmap.jar 
--index 
--overview-mapname=23108000 
--overview-mapnumber=23108000 
--family-name='OSM generic routable(Burundi)' 
--family-id=23108000 
--series-name='OSM generic routable(Burundi_08-04-2014)' 
--latin1 
--description='OSM generic routable(Burundi_08-04-2014)' 
--product-id=6 
--tdbfile 
--nsis 
--copyright-message='Map data © openstreetmap.org and contributors' 
--gmapsupp 63*.img ovm_63*.img

This is what JaVaWa GMTK says:

I think the family-id overflows.

So, how about:
family id: 23 (generic map)
product id: 108 (Burundi)
overview map: 23108000

At least, this is how I think a /family/product/ id is intended to work…

Edit:
Hmm, that’s not what the Mkgmap documentation says:

product id: 23108 (generic map/Burundi)

Edit:
Yes, that’s better. GMTK doesn’t complain anymore and BaseCamp shows the map. Guess I wrong about this. :slight_smile:

Yep, family-id 23108000 are too many digits :wink: FID=23108 / PID=1 should work, hope you have enough unique ID numbers? The mapnumber should have 8 digits, so 23108000.img for the overview map is ok.
BTW Multiple PID’s for one FID doesnt work either.

Ah, that’s why my maps have all different FID’s, I forgot. Guess the MapSource programming team never understood how to properly implement families with products, tssk. :stuck_out_tongue:

The family ID should be in the range from 1 to 65535 (because it’s stored as a 16 bit uint in the TDB file).
Don’t use 2041; that’s the family ID of the global basemap in BaseCamp.

multiple PID’s were only used for special combined maps like the old Bluechart, or for maps without a FID.

New attempt:
http://osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/generic/08-04-2014/2a8075f123ad0f288ac168d572a74125/

Both BaseCamp and JaVaWa GMTK don’t complain. I would appreciate it if someone with OSX can check out the Mac version. I haven’t checked on the GPS yet too, my GPSmap 60 isn’t feeling well since I dropped it on the road at high speed :roll_eyes:

Note: the country says Burundi, but the area looks more like Qatar. This is not a but, it is because I updated the version but didn’t update the tile list in my test request.

-I see a lot of img files in the download list, probably not intended?
-osm_generic_windows.exe After installation I see two tiles, Burundi and Malawi, with a large gap (1000 km) between them, but the intention is good :wink:
-OSM generic routable(Burundi) family name looks good now, it shows in Mapsource with the version date, so far so good.
-FID looks ok
-installation is still the old way (but with mkgmap r3186 this is solved)
-“Mac” version is also good
-osm_generic_tiles.zip lacks the ovm files (they are now in the download list, ovm_63241023.img ovm_63241017.img)
-osm_generic_gmapsupp.zip havent tested it, looks ok with gmaptool.

Can you upload a mapset with a typ file (or a generic new style mapset)?

Is it possible to move or hide unnecessary files like tiles.txt, country.txt, 23108000.nsi file?
Maybe put the 23108000.nsi only in the osm_generic_tiles.zip?

BTW I hope the TS won’t get confused with all this detailed info :wink:

Yes, I forgot to mention that I temporarily disabled cleanup before publication.

Great.

Ah, I wondered why I didn’t notice any changes, it all seemed so ‘regular’ :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a bug. Solved it, I think.

Yes:
http://osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/openfietsmap_lite/10-04-2014/a2402c93c4468ab3438086b569bcff69
The OpenFietsMap Lite map below also has unimportant files moved to a subdirectory:
http://osm.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/garmin/openfietsmap_lite/10-04-2014/24718f14af9f8d6703fd6bb3c0792d88/
Somehow the macosx.zip file is not recognised anymore by htaccess/Apache. Icon and description are missing, can’t find the cause, it’s working fine for other maps.

Ah, yes this is an old wish, I’ll move these to a subdirectory ‘metadata’.

When we’re done I’ll split off the discussion and merge with the main topic. :wink:

In the htaccess I see this line:

AddDescription "<b>Map installer for RoadTrip on the Mac OSX platform.</b>" roadtrip.zip

Perhaps change it into

AddDescription "<b>Map installer for Basecamp / Mac OSX platform.</b>" macosx.zip

Roadtrip is replaced by Basecamp (btw you can use this format also for Basecamp under Windows).

Replace roadtrip.zip for macosx.zip in this line too:

# Add icons to specific files
 AddIcon /garmin/icons/macos.gif roadtrip.zip

The TYP file is missing in all files.