Start with routing

What about just make all road motorcycle=no and just ski routes make motorcycle=yes
Something like this:
highway=* {add motorcycle=no}
piste:type=nordic {add motorcycle=yes}

Can I break something like this?

mira

motorcycle is not understood by Garmin :confused:
I dont know anything about your gps, but in most modern types only car and foot are supported.
Even bicycle=yes or no is not respected anymore, only in the older gps devices.
All those routing types are somehow related with the road parameters but until now mkgmap does not know exactly how.

Hmmm … Pretty limiting :frowning:
But anyway I am quite happy for the moment.
Thank you for help!

mira

What you also could do, is making separate transparent routable map layers with lines only for each activity and another non routable base layer with topography (landuse, water, pois etc). In every map layer you can choose which ways you want to make routable for each activity and which ways non routable (for instance in your ski map only the pistes are routable). The disadvantage is that you cannot view more layers at the same time in Basecamp or Mapsource.

It is interesting … I would like to try. How I can do this?

This is not big problem for me

mira

It shouldnt be too difficult. Just create a new map and start with the ski map. Fill in the lines file only the lines that you want to render.
The polygon and points file you can leave empty and use --transparent in your mkgmap options. Try this on top of your other map.
Because both maps are routable you can expect problems.
Once you have created all routable map layers (car, hike, bike, ski) you can make the basic map not routable. You can even show all roads on the basic map and on the routable layers only roads that are needed for each activity plus route relations.

Routable map can contains only roads and be created as transparent and invisible. Non-routable map should contains all except routing. For me the only problem was, that mkgmap connects address search with routing, which is not optimal solution. I bypassed this creating main routable map and then removing routing with GMapTool.